Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome

Hello all...not quite sure what to say as usual apart from the fact that the big hairy crafter is back! Well, the only previous outing was a toy mole I stitched together, aged about six, with some help from my Mum, but that still counts! This is to lovingly document my foray in to the world of crafting. I need to find some more male companions here to balance up the crafting world, which does seem to be quite female. Not that this is a problem, as everyone has been very friendly, but it kind of helps expand the range of projects bringing a few men on board. A case in point? My first project...the tipi - more soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard - thank goodness! At last etc etc. Now then, at the risk of posting your first cliche, you wait for ages for a man who crafts then 2 come along at once. Seriously, we met our first male crafter on Saturday (his name is Roy and I have forgotton his last name) and now you! There must be more men out there who sew or knit and who are not Kaffe Fassett. Surely? Will be revisiting your blog regularly - also, was wondering about an old sail making sewing machine for your canvas - is it too late?? That would be man enough (sorry) to handle the task I think. Emma

Richard Freeman said...

Hey Emma, thanks so much for your comment and great to hear that there is another male crafter out there - if you hear from Roy again, send him over for a chat! I do hope there are others out there apart from dear old Kaffe.

Thanks for the tip about the machine. Did you mean something like this? http://www.solentsew.co.uk/sailmaking.htm

They do look heavy duty and quite pricey, but definitely able to do the job. I wonder if I could borrow one from anybody? Will have to get in touch with my local sewing group to find out...if there is such a thin.

Thanks, Richard